I love this piece from Harpers Bazaar on bags every woman should own, however, the list is one that few young women can afford. So I thought I would take inspiration from this and create a more affordable list for the average working girl in London.
1. Classic Day Bag in Black. I’m not usually a huge fan of Paul’s Boutique but their latest handbag collection is rather nice indeed. This Natasha Black Tote is perfect as an every day bag and nice enough to go with you from the office to the bar! Not bad for £70 eh?
2. Neutral Tote. Dune is my go-to for a reasonably priced new bag at the start of each season. This light, fun shopper bag is a good buy at only £55.
3. Day Clutch. This Rome Clutch from Marigold & Roses is a fun yet sophisticated bag which I would happily receive as a gift (hint, hint). It costs €68 (about £48) and shipping is free no matter where you are in the world!
4. Metallic Minaudiere. Every girl secretly wants to be a mermaid, right? Well this Aqua Shell Bag from Skinny Dip will help us live the dream, and for only 30 Land People Pounds. I know this doesn’t quite count as a minaudiere but hey, it’s 2015, times are a-changing.
5. Weekend Casual. I LOVE this leather fringe bag from Pull & Bear which is a perfect compliment to this summer’s boho/festival looks. It’s another good value purchase at only £49.99 🙂
6. Cross-Body Party Bag. This cute cross-body bag from Bimba y Lola is a bit pricey at £95 but is pretty timeless so you would certainly get your money’s worth. Maybe wait for the August sales and bag a bargain 😉
7. Heritage Bag. This is the kind of bag that has been passed down through the family and has a riveting back story about your great Grandma frolicking with royals, but you can get a similar look by purchasing a vintage – and it doesn’t need to be a vintage Chanel or Prada because, let’s face it, we don’t gots the moula for that. These two (I couldn’t pick one) from Beyond Retro can give you the ‘it’s vintage dah-ling’ look for only £24 and £32 respectively.
8. Just for Fun. If you know me, you know I love a good fanny pack. So my ‘just for fun’ item is pretty much anything from the Etsy shop beksiesboutique, which has an excellent range of fanny packs – a festival/holiday essential if you ask me. This lavender glitter version will only set you back £25.
9. Pop of Colour. Monki is one of those shops which I walk into and just want everything. This bright bag is a gorgeous colour and can be dressed up or down. I think this will make it into my holiday purchases!
10. The Weekender. I know, I know, everyone has a Longchamp Le Pliage but these are so good as weekend bags! I have one in Mustard and it has seen me through many of those weeks that seem to be all go-go-go. And at £71 you really can’t complain!
So, here’s my list of 10 (11 really, I know) bags for the working girl who is early on in her career and can’t afford a £3,000 Valentino – yet. I hope you like it, let me know your thoughts in the comments