There’s an app for that. These days that can be said for pretty much anything. So how do you choose the best apps for you? I find that the best apps are the ones that people shout about – everyone loves a good recommendation. With this in mind, I thought I’d put together a list of my favourite apps – some for work and some for play. I hope you find one you like!
1. Evernote. I am currently using Evernote on my iPad to write this post during my commute. When I get home, I’ll turn on my MacBook, open the Evernote app and – like magic! – will be able to pick up where I left off. This app is a must have for any working girl! It is basically a cloud based workspace but it’s so much more than that. Not only does it allow you to organise things into ‘notebooks’ (for example, I have a notebook for the blog, one for my CIM course and one for different conferences I attend) but it also lets you share the notebooks and invite colleagues to add to them. You can upload all kinds of content – documents, images, links – it is a super easy way to collaborate remotely.
2. My Little App. I actually found this app on another bloggers list but I can’t remember which one! Thank you mystery blogger…The app sends daily ‘surprises’ straight to your phone. Pretty vague I know. The surprises I’ve had so far have been everything from discount codes for stores like Rad.co to recipes to make your own face mask! It’s a great app and always puts a smile on my face.
3. Drinki. Who doesn’t love a free cocktail? Nobody, that’s who. Drinki lets you get your first cocktail free in any partner bar, as long as you check in on Facebook. Not only is this a great app because you get a free drink, it’s also good for discovering bars that you might not have come across before.
4. Comb. This fashion app allows you to take a photo of a garment, a colour, a texture – pretty much anything – and it will return results of clothing that matches! No more staring longingly at outfits that you can’t afford – just Comb them and find an affordable alternative. Simples.
5. Layout. This is one for the Insta-lovers. Layout app allows you to collate two or more images into one collage. Perfect for outfit photos where you want to show off the front and the back! It’s really easy to use and allows you to send the photo straight to Instagram (or Twitter or Facebook) rather than having to save it then go and open the app separately.
These are my top 5 apps of the moment for busy career girls – for both work and play! Do you have any to add to the list? Are you already a huge fan of any of these? I’d love to hear from you in the comments 🙂