If you’re anything like me, when the countdown to Christmas begins, a simple choccie advent calendar just won’t do! For the past three years, instead of chowing down on Cadbury’s I’ve pampered myself with a mini beauty treat each day of advent. In case you’re also looking for a slightly more exciting advent calendar this year, I’ve put together a list of my favourites.
1. Master of Malt Rum Advent Calendar. Nothing quite says Xmas like a little tipple. Master of Malt has a wealth of adult only advent calendars and this rum one is my personal favourite. They are quite pricey – each calendar is over £100 – but they could make a good present for someone…or for yourself!
2. Not on the High Street 12 Beers of Christmas. If you prefer beer to spirits and saving money to spending it, this £50 craft beer calendar may be the way to go. I’m especially a fan of the tree shape of this calendar – very festive indeed.
3. Selfridges Cosmic Beauty. Selfridges advent calendar is the mother of all beauty advent calendars. Apparently. I’m yet to shell out £100 on one of these babies but they sell out every year well in advance of the first day of Christmas! At £95 it’s quite a purchase, but with mini treats from Kiehl’s, Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent and more, you could convince yourself that you’re technically saving money.
4. Benefit Party Popper. These advent calendars are always out of the door within moments of going on sale, and this year is no different – Benefit is all sold out 🙁 But don’t worry. Word on the street is that Debenhams has our back. And with 12 treats worth £80 for the measly price of £35 how can you say no? I’ve just ordered mine!
5. Artisan du Chocolat Ultimate Advent Calendar. If you believe that the only thing to appear behind advent calendar doors should be chocolate, that doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun too. Check out this awesome reindeer advent calendar with 24 individually wrapped chocolates. It’s not cheap at £49.99 but it looks like it lives up to its name.
6. Lindt Teddy Bear Adorable Advent House. If all of the above makes you want to tear your hair out, here is a classic. A simple Lindt advent calendar with reindeer, bears, snowballs and more – adding a touch of class to a traditional chocolate calendar. At £9.99, it makes you feel kind of silly for wanting to buy any of the above…
These are my top picks for this year – I can’t wait to start getting my Benefit treats! What kind of advent calendar have you decided on this year? Let me know in the comments or on social 🙂